Hope In The Intermountain West
There are currently 31 Hope Lodges across the country serving the lodging needs of adult cancer patients. The Salt Lake Hope Lodge will be the first to serve the Intermountain West.
The Hope Lodge provides a nurturing home away from home where guests can retreat to private rooms or connect with others. The Lodge will also house the American Cancer Society, so it will be replete with resources and information about cancer and how best to fight and cope with the disease.
The facility offers comfortable housing at no cost to a patient and his/her caregiver while they are receiving treatment, regardless of healthcare provider.
- The lodge is designed to meet the needs of the patient and caregiver to include a private bedroom with sitting area and bathroom.
- Common spaces in the lodge are designed to encourage guests to interact one with another in the common kitchen and dining area, living rooms, multi-purpose room, movie room, game room and library.
- The American Cancer Society’s transportation program provides rides for cancer patients to their respective treatment facility.
- Quality of Life programs are accessible at the lodge and are offered to both guests and community members who need patient support services.
- The lodge will be available to the community and open to all.
A Home Away From Home
The Hope Lodge in Salt Lake City will serve as a home away from home to the entire Intermountain West, including patients from rural Utah, as well as from surrounding states. The Hope Lodge will be designed to meet the particular needs of the cancer patient and caregiver. With 42 suites, the Lodge will serve nearly 800 patients annually.